My purpose is delivering value and meaning in the management of dispute resolutions, judicialized or not, preferably in the business area.
Value in the sense of cost reduction and efficiency gain.
Meaning as a solution that can generate meanfull satisfaction for you or your company in dealing with conflicts and disputes, recurring or punctual, and that can impact the proper functioning of your business or simply disturbing your sleep…
Attorney at Law, Mediation and Conflict Management
For thirty-five years I have been assisting and representing clients (individuals and legal entities) in litigation management with a focus on judicial representation and strategic negotiations on behalf of Brazilian and multinational companies of different sizes, including family companies.
I led for 20 years the conflict resolution team of Trench, Rossi and Watanabe Advogados in Porto Alegre/RS, Brazil. Therefore, I had the opportunity to work in lawsuits, arbitrations, and negotiations of agreements and TACs in favor of leading companies which act nationally and internationally, including agribusiness, automotive sector, technology, telecommunications, among others.
I have recently boosted my knowledge and skills through an LL.M at the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University, California, which is considered a “top-ranked program” in the USA, with emphasis on mediation and negotiation.
I added, along the way, a pos-graduation course in business law and additional training certifications in coaching (ontological and generative), leadership and team management in top national and international schools.
As a lawyer and negotiator, and more recently as a mediator, I have always maintained a proactive approach towards seeking the most customized solution for the client in terms of time and cost efficiency and seeking legal certainty.
In view of that, I handled several strategic issues on behalf of the clients through agreements or mix of judicial measures with efficient arrangements, both created with client’s participation.
This same approach, now neutrally and impartially, I have been also applying in mediations and others ADR forms, moreover as a consultant in the construction of dispute resolution systems (DSD) that we can design together!
Since November 2021, I have been acting as an attorney and consulting partner at Silveiro Advogados, which offers a wide range of legal services, including self-composition methods (www.silveiro.com.br)
- Founding partner of Trench, Rossi and Watanabe Advogados’ office in Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil, which is associated to Baker McKenzie (one of the largest law firms in the world), 1998
- Director and President, respectively, of IEE and the Liberdade Institute between 2000 and 2010
- Junior Achievement Program Consultant, 2002
- Vice-President and founder of ADR Brasil Institute, 2019
- Mediator listed in CAMARB, FIESP/CIESP, and CAMERS, top Brazilian mediation and arbitration chambers
- Volunteer mediator in Los Angeles County, California, USA
- More than 50 mediations held with high success rate since 2019
- Scholar of Mediation and other ADR tools since 2010, with master’s degree completed in 2019 in one of the best ADR centers in the world (Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution of Pepperdine Caruso School of Law)
- Acting with evaluative focus (risk measurement and facilitation of the agreement dialogue)
- Author of articles and Participations in Seminars
- Partner responsible for the civil litigation area of Trench, Rossi, and Watanabe Advogados (Porto Alegre-RS, Brasil), 1998 to 2018
- Conducting high complexity processes with emphasis on demands discussing compensation for discontinuity of manufacturing and truck distribution network; civil liability actions of cigarette and tobacco manufacturers; defense in multimillion-dollar assessments of PROCON-RS in the face of a telephone industry company; writ of mandamus and public civil actions in the construction, machinery/equipment and agricultural sectors, including bidding and administrative misconduct issues; indemnity demands filed by commercial agencies and distributors for breach of contract; issues relating to trademark and copyright infringement in the streaming environment; civil liability in the pharmaceutical industry and consumer products; corporate and succession conflicts, including family businesses
- Arbitrations in contractual matters in the construction sector and corporate disputes
- Negotiation of agreements and TACs with generation of relevant gains for clients in corporate disputes, consumer, copyright, indemnification for environmental damage, compensation for personal and material damages arising from contractual or non-contractual non-compliance; in favor of foreign creditors, among other cases.
- Leadership of the BNDES team of consultants in the privatization process of the Meridional Bank System
- Leading due diligence step of important mergers and acquisitions operations on behalf of leading companies in the agricultural, metalworking and telecommunications industries
- Acting as a consultant on specific and strategic issues in family, labor, compliance, consumer, and environmental conflicts, including negotiations with Federal and State Prosecutor’s Offices to reach “terms of conduct adjustment”